YouTuber Gives Interesting Reasons Why No One Lives In Wyoming
With almost 600,000 inhabitants, Wyoming is the most sparsely populated state in the USA
That’s pretty impressive when you look at the actual size of the state. Wyoming is the 10th largest state by area at 97,813 square miles. So in Wyoming there are 5.9 people per square mile.
Rhode Island is the smallest state by area at 1,545 square miles, but the population is 1.1 million, meaning there are just over 1,000 people per square mile.
For many city dwellers, so few people live here that there are only 10 cities with over 10,000 inhabitants. Of those 10, only 3 are over 30,000.
Wyomingites love the fact that people don’t live here, don’t want to live here and most people couldn’t handle moving here. There is a sense of pride to be able to thrive and be happy here.
The YouTube page World According to Briggs, a page dedicated to places, mostly in the United States, run by a former military man named Briggs. He’s been to every state and lived in several, so seems to know quite a bit about the states, including Wyoming.
Contrary to many videos, polls or opinions you see about Wyoming, Briggs was actually here. Many of the others simply do their research on the Internet and call it good.
Briggs lists 10 reasons why no one lives in Wyoming. I’ll give you the top 5 and you can see the other 5 by watching the video below.
- Number 5 on his list is “Lack of Industries” – Although we have some industries here, they don’t employ too many people.
- Number 4 is that Wyoming is known as an “outdoor oasis”. – Hunting, fishing and a love of nature are all an important part of the state. People who love things like that are happy to be here, but not everyone loves that kind of thing.
- #3 Wyoming “doesn’t bid like other states” – Wyoming is kind of an IYKYK state. Sure, tourism is advertised, but many other features aren’t. Other states advertise how great their state is to live in and in turn try to lure people there.
- #2 Wyoming has a “low diversity rate” – With a small population, outsiders looking for extremely different features in one state may not see as much as they would like.
- Number 1 on his list is the “terrible dating scene” – If you’re looking for plenty of options when it comes to love, Wyoming probably isn’t the place for you.
Those are just 5 of the 10 reasons why Briggs thinks no people live here. Watch the video and find out what the other 5 are.
30 attractions to visit in Wyoming
Must Have Items When Visiting Wyoming
Ask any Wyomingite and they will tell you there are important items you will need when visiting Wyoming. These are in no particular order, but they are all items to think about.