Powerball Winning Numbers For 2/01/2023 Drawing: $653M Jackpot
The Powerball lottery jackpot has reached its eighth largest amount ever and the prize is $653 million for the player who bought the winning ticket on Wednesday February 1st.
The one-time cash payout for today’s Powerball draw is $350.5 million, lottery officials said.
Powerball numbers are drawn every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. Eastern Time, with Powerball results typically being released within 5 minutes.
Ticket sales end at least one hour before the drawing in most states, but a state may end sales earlier, such as May 1st, 2019. B. Illinois, which stops selling three hours before the drawing. In Maryland and New Jersey, ticket sales close at 9:59 p.m.; in Virginia they close at 10 p.m. Check with your state lottery for the cut-off time.
Check back later tonight for the Powerball earnings results for Wednesday, February 1st.
The largest Powerball jackpot in history was $1.9 billion, claimed by a single winner in California in November 2022.
Here are the top 5 biggest Powerball prizes in the game’s history:
- $1.9 billion – November 7, 2022 – APPROX
- $1.586 billion – January 13, 2016 – CA, FL, TN
- $768.4 million – March 27, 2019 – WI
- $758.7 million – August 23, 2017 – MA
- $731.1 million – January 20, 2021 – MD
To win the Powerball jackpot, a player must hit all five white balls in any order and the red Powerball number. The probability of picking the right Powerball grand prize numbers is one in 292,201,338, which doesn’t change when more players buy tickets when the jackpot is huge.
According to lottery officials, you have a better chance of winning the Powerball jackpot if you let the computer choose your numbers. Approximately 75 percent of tickets won over the years had numbers selected by a computer.
Winners can choose to either withdraw the full jackpot amount in 30 installments over 29 years, or winners can choose to take a lump sum payment that is less than the actual amount.
Powerball tickets are $2 each. Here are places to buy your Powerball tickets.
Lottery officials have advice for those who have the winning numbers:
- Sign your winning ticket. Write your full name and signature on the back of the winning ticket. If you lose your ticket, putting your name on the ticket means no one else can redeem it.
- Keep your winning ticket in a safe place. Take steps to protect your winning lottery ticket by storing it in a safe place where it will not be accidentally discarded.
- Get legal and financial advice. It may be wise to speak to some experienced professionals such as a lawyer, an accountant or an investment advisor to help you manage your profits. Powerball numbers are drawn every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. Eastern Time, with Powerball results typically being released within 5 minutes.